The international workshop on “Competency Based Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for the OIC Member States" is going to be organized by the department of Instructor Training and General Studies (ITS), Islamic University of Technology (IUT) on 27-30 November 2011 in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The objectives of the workshop are to enable the participants to:
- exchange ideas, methodologies and techniques of how to work towards the implementation of competency based training and assessment in the OIC member states;
- be informed of the benefits and limitations of the competency based training and assessment approach in the OIC member states;
- develop quality standards for TVET programmes and institutions in the OIC member states and
- develop a strategy for human resource development through competency based TVET program among the OIC member states.
The topics for the workshop are :
- Concept & understanding of Competency Based Training (CBT) in TVET
- Barriers in implementation of Competency Based TVET system in the OIC countries
- Engaging industries in delivering Competency Based TVET
- Turning Competency Standards into Learning Programmes
- Competency Based Curriculum Development in TVET
- Developing Competency Based Learning Materials
- Competency Based Assessment in TVET
- Competency Based Teacher Training in TVET
- Quality Standards for TVET
- Emerging challenges of TVET in OIC member states
The workshop is designed for teachers of polytechnic institutes, teachers of technical/ vocational training institutes/centers, training specialists in industries, curriculum developers and planners and managers and policymakers of TVET.