Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC) organised training on “Plant Protection: Cotton Diseases and Control” at the Cotton Research Institute in Azerbaijan, on 11-13 June 2012. The Course was provided by Dr. Oktay Erdoğan, an expert from the Nazilli Cotton Research Institute of Turkey, and was attended by 39 technical personnel from the Cotton Research Institute in Azerbaijan and by Nazim Nadirov, Head of Department, Azerbaijan State Agrarian University (ASAU).
The training course on “Plant Protection: Cotton Diseases and Control” mainly covered the following subjects:
- A presentation on General Directorate of Agricultural Research and Nazilli Cotton Research Institute and SESRIC
- Verticillium Wilt Disease and Control
- Seedling Root Rot Disease and Control
- Fusarium Wilt Disease and Control
- Angular leaf spot disease and the Struggle
- Cotton Leaf Curl Virus and Control
- Cotton Anthracnose and Control
- Screening of Cotton Genotypes against Verticillium Wilt
- Results of Cotton Disease Research Project in Turkey
- Evaluation of the Training Programme
At the end of the programme, trainees from Cotton Research Institute in Azerbaijan expressed their thanks and appreciations and requested some other training programmes on usage of biotechnology, seed quality, fertilization and agricultural mechanisation.
- Screening of Cotton Genotypes Against Verticillium Wilt Disease (English)
- Some Important Cotton Diseases and Control (English)