The 30th Meeting of the Follow-up Committee of the COMCEC will be held on 7-8 May 2014 in Ankara, Turkey, with the participation of the member countries of the Committee (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Palestine, Egypt, Kuwait, Iran, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Qatar, Mali and Cameroon), representatives the OIC General Secretariat and the following subsidiary, affiliated and specialised organs (SESRIC, ICDT, IDB, ICCIA, IUT, OISA and SMIIC).
The Committee will review and discuss the progress achieved in the implementation of the resolutions and decisions of the 29th Session of the COMCEC, which was held in November 2013 in Istanbul. The discussion will include a set of common issues of concern to the member countries with a view to enhancing economic and commercial cooperation among them. These issues will be discussed under the following main Agenda Items:
- The COMCEC Strategy and its implementation;
- Review of the implementation of the OIC Ten-Year Programme of Action;
- Expansion of Intra-OIC trade;
- Cooperation in the priority areas of transport and communication, agriculture and food security, and tourism;
- Poverty alleviation and OIC-VET Programme;
- Financial cooperation (Central Banks, Stock Exchanges and Capital Markets);
- Private sector cooperation;
- Preparations for the exchange of views on “Increasing FDI Flows to the OIC Countries”.
The Committee will also prepare the Draft Agenda of the 30th Session of the COMCEC, which will be held in Istanbul on 25-28 November 2014.