Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC) organised a training programme on “Risk Management in Islamic Financial Institutions” at the Central Bank of Iraq on 3-5 March 2014, within the framework of OIC Central Banks Capacity Building Programme (OIC-CB-CaB). The Course was provided by Mr. Abdul Samad, Member Shairah Compliance Department, AlHuda CIBE, with participation of relevant experts of Central Bank of Iraq.
The training course on “Risk Management in Islamic Financial Institutions” mainly covered the following topics:
- Methodology of Shariah for Ibadat and Muamalat
- General Principles of Islamic Law of Contracts
- Introduction/Practical Aspect of Islamic Modes of Financing Commonly Used
- The Concept of Risk Management In Islamic Finance
- Common Risk Faced by Islamic & Conventional Financial Institutions
- Risk Specific to Islamic Financial Institutions
- Unique Counter Part Risks in Islamic Modes of Financing.