The Twenty Fifth Session of the Committee for the Coordination of Statistical Activities (CCSA), a forum with 45 members that promotes inter-agency coordination and cooperation on statistical programmes and consistency in statistical practices and development, was held at United Nations Headquarters in New York, USA on 2 March 2015. Delegates from international and supranational organizations participated in the Twenty Fifth Session of the CCSA. The Centre was represented by Prof. Savas Alpay, Director General, thereat.
Co-chaired by Mr. Pietro Gennari, FAO, and Mr. Werner Bier, ECB, the Session proceeded with the items for discussion and decision on the agenda. These included:
- Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Principles Governing International Statistical Activities
- CCSA side event at the 46th session of the UN Statistical Commission: Principles Governing International Statistical Activities
- Preparation of the 46th Session of the UN Statistical Commission
- Broader measures of progress (lead agency: UNSD)
- Emerging issue: the data revolution (lead agencies: Paris21, WB
- Big data (lead agencies: Eurostat, ITU, ECB)
- Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics (lead agencies: FAO, ECB)
- ISI World Congress 2015
- Provisional agenda and dates for the 26th session.