The Training Workshop on “Project Risk Management” was jointly organized by the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO), Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI) and the Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC) on 28-31 March 2012 in Ankara, Turkey.
The workshop basically discussed project management systems of entire project cycles and management of associated project risks.
During the four day workshop, presentations on Project Management Cycle, Project Processes and Risk Identification in ECO, Risk Identification at Initiation, Risk Management Guidelines for Project Finance including Project Risk Categorization, Project Finance Risk Mitigations, Identification and Analysis of Project Finance Risks was delivered by Ms. Asuman Tongarlak on behalf of SESRIC, Ms. Bayan Adilbekova, Director of Projects and Economic Research of ECO and Mr. Shehzad Akram, Senior Water Sector Specialist in Agriculture and Rural Development Department of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) respectively.
Furthermore, case studies on ‘Sarney Dam and Water Supply System Project in Iran’ and ‘KSK Gas Field Development Project in Uzbekistan’ were examined to provide a better understanding in Project Risk Management.
In the closing ceremony, Dr. Savaş Alpay, Director Genereal of SESRIC, awarded certificates to the participants from Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Turkey.
- Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC) (English)
- Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) (English)
- Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI) (English)
- Project Cycle Management (English)
- Project Processes and Risk Identification in ECO (English)
- Regional Training Workshop on Risk Management for ECO Member States (English)
- Project Risk Management: A Development Institution’s Perspective (English)
- IDB: Risk Management Office (English)
- Project Risk Governance (English)
- Guidelines for ECO Projects (English)
- Critical Risks and Mitigation Measure: Sarney Dam and Water Supply System Project (English)
- Risk Matrix: KSK Gas Field Development Project (English)
- IDB Risk Management Guidelines for Project Finance (English)