Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC), in cooperation with the Middle East Regional Training Center (MERTCe) and Turkish State Railways (TCDD) organized a workshop on “Railway System Technologies” on 17-21 June 2013 in Eskisehir, Republic of Turkey.
The workshop was attended by representatives of Railway Authorities of Algeria, Burkina Faso, Djibouti, Indonesia, Jordan, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia, Yemen and Turkey. The workshop aimed to develop cooperation and experience exchange among participants in Railway system technologies field. The workshop included theorical sessions as well as field visits and on-spot trainings.
Following issues were tackled throughout the five-day workshop:
- Introduction to the Railway Authorities & Systems of OIC Member Countries
- The latest development of Rolling Stocks in Turkey and in the World.
- Information about High Speed Train sets.
- Train Simulators
- The latest developments about construction of Railways in Turkey and in the World
- Latest developments about Signaling and telecommunication systems in Turkey and in the World
- Introduction to Turkish signaling systems
- Turkish State Railways Training Department (Turkish)
- Introduction to TCDD and 2023 Vision (Turkish)
- Engine Driver as a Vocation (Turkish)
- The latest development of Rolling Stocks in Turkey and in the World (Turkish)
- Friction Pendullum Isolators (English)
- Geosynthetics in Earthworks of Railstructures (English)
- Speed Train Superstructure Project (Turkish)
- 2nd Phase Information Presentation (Turkish)
|National Railway Signaling Project