Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC) in collaboration with World Ageing Council (DUNYAK) and Women’s Branches of AK Party Headquarters organised a consultancy meeting on “Age Friendly Islamic Countries Strategies and Action Plan”, on 16 August 2013, in Ankara, Republic of Turkey. The meeting took place in the Headquarters of SESRIC.
The consultancy meeting was attended by high-level experts and academicians from public and private sectors, universities and non-governmental organizations. The main objective of the meeting was to exchange views and ideas on current state, prospects and challenges of ageing in OIC Member Countries for the purpose of drawing a draft Strategy and Action Plan on Age Friendly Islamic Countries.
The topics discussed during the consultancy meeting were:
- Ageing and Development
- Social Development
- UN Millennium Development Goals
- WHO 21st Century Global Healthcare Politics
- Primary Community Social Politics and Services for Everyone
- Third age and Medical Tourism
- Geriatrics Service and Practice in the World
- Multi-sectorial Health Development
- The Organization of Community Leaders for Ageing
- WHO Age-friendly Cities and Communities Project
- WHO Healthy Cities Project